Trusted Tampa Locksmith professionals consider mail theft as a significant crime and a serious issue. A casualty of mail theft confronts the loss of more than correspondence. They could lose required notices, financial info, checks, and, even become a victim of identity theft. How do you guard your mail against criminals and how do you deter the crime from happening?
You’ll find many things you can do to protect your mailbox from a burglar which range from diligent patterns and secure methods to lockable mailboxes and alarms that shield your mail. Locksmith in Tampa provides a few ways you could improve your mailbox safety:
What do you do after mail theft?
If you have your mail stolen – do not wait! Immediately call the Postal Service and notify the loss. However, often it will go unresolved but still report it and get it recorded.
Mail theft remains a Federal crime, and of course, USPS takes it seriously. You can get in touch and file an online complaint.
Report mail theft to USPS or telephone them from any place in the United States of America 1-877-876-2455
These proactive hints can help protect you from becoming a casualty of mailbox theft, and also, decrease the chances for it to continue, should you know it’s already happening.
- Do not permit your mail to hoard. If you’re going on vacation or a trip for a few days, then ask a trusted neighbor to pick up your mail. Or better yet request the mail carrier to set a delivery hold on your letters until you come back and get it from your PostOffice.
- Be acquainted with your mail provider’s usual shipping time to your mailbox, and recover your mail as quickly as possible. Moreover, if you are not currently at home ask your family member to get it for you.
- Please make sure that your mailbox door shuts safely and remains closed. An open mailbox is an enticing target.
- Don’t use your mailbox flag when you have outgoing mail as it tells a burglar that you have something ready to ship. Either way, your mail carrier will see that you have outgoing mail, even when the flag isn’t up. The best possible solution is to place your outgoing letters in a formal USPS box, or even at a regional Postal Center.
Update Your Mailbox
From time to time, your conventional mailboxes can be fished by a burglar’s hands or pried open with a screwdriver in seconds. You could stop mail theft by updating your mailbox.
A stronger mailbox could steer clear of the vandalism from mail theft. Additionally, there are more innovative anti-theft mailboxes using a unique locking system to safeguard your identity and letters information. However, if you don’t have the funds at least keep your mailbox in good condition to acquire the simple device theft protection.
If you do have the money, then contact your local locksmith in Tampa for assistance as they will install new modern locks to protect your mail for cheap.
Cease mailbox thievery using a lockable mailbox
Another way to prevent a mailbox theft is using a robust lockable mailbox. It’s not a cheap choice but is a reasonably surefire one to keep it locked. Plus there are many styles to select from but make sure you know the size you will require. The capacity will dictate the type of mail you will maintain.
Lockable mailboxes can be found for roadside or curb using traditional posts or stanchions, wall mount, walls, and, pedestal styles.
Benefits of a locking mailbox
- Help stop theft of sensitive mail, magazines, photos, and, prescriptions
- Many mailboxes hold a few days of letters, so it’s excellent for people who go on vacation or leave for a short business trip
What thieves try to find in your mailbox?
- Outgoing checks they can change b chemically washing the data
- Incoming new checks
- Greeting cards that have cash in them
- Utility bills (the information on utility bills could be used to open fraudulent accounts with your name)
- Bank bills (the info on these could be used to open an account)
- Credit card bills
- Credit card offers that have your name
- Financial statements, particularly during tax time.
No one wants to get home and maybe get the credit card you’ve been waiting for for a long time with a hole in the packaging presentation. Just the number and expiration date can completely ruin your credit and your peace of mind.
Also, do you consider that anger necessary in your life? I mean I know we need sure adrenaline in our life but that it is only the adrenaline of the speed with which UnLock Me arrives instead of feeling your money lost.
It’s simple: if you warn, you enjoy it.
So we hope that from as small a problem as a mailbox, we can solve your most significant needs as stagnation of doors or vehicles damaged in the street by criminals. Do you know how often cars get damaged locks?
I’m sure you don’t want to, every time you get a letter in your mailbox or see someone stressed out on the street in their car, think of us. We have a lot to offer you.