6 House Locksmiths Tips To Prevent Home Invasions
House Locksmith Tips
Yeah, I know it’s not an entertaining subject to read about Residential Locksmiths and their blogs. We usually don’t think about them, unless you see a scam on the news correct? Well, we shouldn’t treat them that way. A Locksmith works hard on their trade; unless you got a locksmith emergency your mind doesn’t think about them correct?
Either you are watching football or the Kardashian’s, boring locksmiths don’t cross your mind. But it should, as a guest writer let me tell you I’ve seen a lot of break-ins and robberies due to unmaintained doors and locks! Until you are a victim of a car, home, or commercial theft you won’t understand.
Is arming yourself the solution?
I will give you my opinion not “Unlock Me And Services.” I believe that arming yourself can save your life, but also complicate it. Depending on the situation and laws in Tampa, FL this could lead to legal troubles, lawyer fees, and a very stressful situation.
The pros and cons are to owning a firearm, and that’s a decision you have to make. But there are alternatives you can take besides buying a Glock or any other gun. I believe in the freedom to own weapons for protection, but also would like stricter gun laws so mass shootings won’t be easy to pull off.
So what’s the locksmith alternative? We came up with home security Ideas.
The majority of home break-ins are through the front door!
Here’s my list that I can up with doing good research.
- Home security systems are great, and now there are some that are not too expensive. The basic principle of these systems is door and window sensors that connect to cameras. Of course, prices range from $30 a month to more than $100. Some of the companies will charge for equipment, they range from $99 to around $700. If you need more information Home Advisor has a good article on it.
- Replacing the deadbolts to Grade 1 is a good idea. What are the benefits of a Grade 1 deadbolt? These deadbolts are tested by opening and closing them around 250,000 times and they can withstand 10 hammer blows. Also, make sure you attach 3-inch screws, this will make the doorjamb and door frame resist longer giving you time to prepare and call authorities.
- Sensor lights are my next tip, if a stranger is checking out your home for a possible breaking in the night this will deter most. It also helps when you are not home making them believe you are.
- Get to know your neighbors, a good relationship will go a long way. Hey, I can always call you or the authorities. You don’t have to be best friends but a friendly talk every now and then can protect you.
- Make it a habit of checking your doors and windows every night before going to bed. Make it hard on the bad guys, they might move on to an easier place.
The last tip is an extra one that has a locksmith company perform a home security check, this will show any vulnerabilities in your home or business.
Some Final Thoughts On Home Security
- Specialized establishments should always install electronic alarm devices.
- The armored door, or standard door with a panoramic peephole and no gap between the door and the frame, must have at least two closing points.
- Reinforce the hinge with steel pivots or metal angles that prevent leverage.
- Protect windows easily accessible from the outside with bars. The separation between the bars must not be higher than 12cm, and they must be properly anchored to the walls. Especially if they are windows or terraces with easy access from the street or for example from a nearby tree.
- Install in windows and balconies, blinds with interior locks.
- On the landing of the stairs, always have a light with a presence sensor.
Please stay alert and don’t forget our phone number (813) 760-1066, just in case you need emergency help or a new set of front door locks.
Share this post
Top Rated Locksmith In Tampa- Unlock Me & Services Inc Schedule a free on-site quote with our locksmiths- we are always here to help! Call
Sometimes a simple question like what does a car locksmith specialize in can make you think. So in this article, I’ll be explaining what they
Emergency Locksmiths For You-Call (813) 760-1066 or (813) 296-8586 Locksmiths Ready To Help-Day or Night There comes a time when you need to call a